Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Lexington Six (Four? ) Pack

In NC barbecue circles, the Lexington Six Pack were six decent barbecue restaurants in Lexington NC. These were Lexington #1 (Honey Monks), Jimmy's, John Wayne's, Speedy's, Stamey's (on I 85 Business) and Southern BBQ. When I started this blog, I had intended to visit and review all six. It turns out that I was too late.
There still are Stamey's restaurants around. There is one out on NC 150 with a Lexington address, but that is not the one in the Six Pack. There are others in Greensboro, who have Lexington roots. I need to investigate to see if the remaining Lexington Stamey's is connected to the one on I 85 Business.
It appears that Southern BBQ has become Smiley's. This also needs some investigation.
The only one of the remaining four that I have not visited is Jimmy's. It seems that the only day I get into Lexington for lunch is Tuesday and Jimmy's is closed on Tuesdays.

No comments: